Topic: History
Replies: 14   Last Post: Sep 2, 2000 3:10 PM

John K. Luedeman

RE: History

When I taught such a course, I concentrated on the history/development of
the number systems. It seemed to interest them as well as be pertinant to
their teaching.

I used a book out of Harvard University Press. I'll try to look up the
exact reference.

John K. Luedeman
Director
Center of Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education
O-101 Martin Hall
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
(864) 656-5222