Topic: History
Replies: 14   Last Post: Sep 2, 2000 3:10 PM

Guy Brandenburg

Re: History

O. Neugebauer, The Exact Sciences in Antiquity
Actually read some Euclid and the "Eureka" guy, Archimedes; follow some
good & clear and some not-so-clear propositions of Euclid
Look at ETBell, *Men* of Mathematics
Dunham, Mathematical Universe
Maor, Trigonometric Delights
Kaplan's history of Zero
Gullberg, Mathematics from the birth of Numbers
recent book on the square root of negative 1
The making of the Atomic Bomb (maybe)
There are others, as well.
But this is a start.

Guy Brandenburg