The Math Forum

Topic: Sorting
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 10, 1996 5:19 PM

Bernard Domroy

Re: Sorting

In one column place the numbers 1 to 30. In the column next to the numbers,
use the rand function to generate a set of random numbers. Copy the 30
random numbers and paste special by value to convert the formulae to a
value. Then sort by the random column. I have done this many times and it
works great.

domroy

At 23:10 10/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to take the integers 1 through 30 and sort them randomly. Does
>anyone know of a way this can be done in either Minitab or Excel? I know I
>can use a random number table, but I'd like to do it a little more quickly
>and do it several times.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Bill Roloff
>Lake Park HS