Topic: AP-Statistics at ASA Chicago (fwd)
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 2, 1996 4:42 AM

Joe H Ward

Re: AP-Statistics at ASA Chicago (fwd)

Penni --

I have received replys from 4 people who are interested in an
AP-Statistics gathering. Messages from John Dixon, Ken Travers, Jay
Wilkins and Jim Matis are included below.

Notice that John Dixon says "I think there is a meeting planned for 6 pm.
on Monday". I have not seen or heard anything about an AP-Statistics
gathering. Perhaps John can provide more details about what is planned
for Monday at 6pm. If someone has already arranged an AP-Statistics
meeting , then you may not need to arrange a meeting place. If Rosemary
Roberts, Dick Scheaffer or someone from the development group could be
there to lead the discussions it would helpful.

If you can find out what has been planned, then it might be appropriate
for you to help arrange a gathering place as you did at NCTM in San
Diego. As soon as you have made your plans, you can send out an email
message. At this late date, it probably would be most efficient for you to
tell everyone to contact you at the Freeman booth to "get the word".

Thanks for your interest.
-- Joe

On 1 Aug 1996, Penni Rae Zito wrote:

> Date: 01 Aug 96 14:18:01 EDT
> From: Penni Rae Zito <102367.1561@CompuServe.COM>
> To: Joe H Ward <joeward@tenet.edu>
> Subject: Re: AP-Statistics at ASA Chicago (fwd)

Joe,

Yes, I'll be in Chicago. I wouldn't mind hosting a gathering. Let me
know. I was just asked to attend this week. So I didn't plan ahead, but
we're good at flying by the seat of our pants....

Thanks
Penni

====================
From JACK@NERVM.NERDC.UFL.EDUFri Aug 2 01:20:20 1996
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 96 14:07:10 EDT
From: John Dixon <JACK@NERVM.NERDC.UFL.EDU>
To: joeward@tenet.edu
Subject: Re: AP-Statistics at ASA Chicago

Joe,
I think there is a meeting planned for 6 p.m. on Monday. I don't
have a room number, but I would think it would be posted at registration.
I'll see you there.

John Dixon CIRCA, University of Florida
Statistical Consultant E520 CSE
JACK@NERVM.NERDC.UFL.EDU Gainesville, FL 32611-2024
Phone: (352) 392-2007
FAX: (352) 392-3760
From k-travers@uiuc.eduFri Aug 2 01:54:05 1996
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:58:37 -0600
From: Ken Travers <k-travers@uiuc.edu>
To: Joe H Ward <joeward@tenet.edu>
Cc: JWILKINS@UX6.CSO.UIUC.EDU
Subject: discuss AP statistics

Joe,
I would be interested....and would be available Sunday afternoon through
Monday evening for discussion....thanks for suggesting a get together....I
will be checking my e-mail throughout the meeting...regards, ken travers

Kenneth J. Travers, Director
Office for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
University of Illinois
341 Armory Bldg, 505 E Armory Ave
Champaign, IL 61820
tels: (secretary) 217 244 7486; (personal) 217 333 7324;
(Dept) 217 244 8286; fax 217 244 4572
URL
http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/
From jwilkins@ux6.cso.uiuc.eduFri Aug 2 02:19:28 1996
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 14:18:59 -0500
From: Jay Wilkins <jwilkins@ux6.cso.uiuc.edu>
To: joeward@tenet.edu
Subject: AP-stats

Joe,
I would be interested in discussing AP-stats. I will be there from Sunday
to Thursday morning. I have commitments for most days as I'm working in a
booth for Resampling Stats, but let me know and I will try to get away from
the booth for the discussion.

Jay Wilkins
Univeristy of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

matis@picard.tamu.eduFri Aug 2 01:54:42 1996
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 14:46:26 -0500
From: Jim Matis <matis@picard.tamu.edu>
To: Joe H Ward <joeward@tenet.edu>

Hi Joe. I'd be interested in principle in meeting to discuss AP stat. We
perhaps should have had it as a luncheon roundtable. The meeting is busy,
but it would be nice to visit. Jim