Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Jeremy Lagorse

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

I had the same problem. It seems that if there is a function in your folder that has the same name of a matlab function (even if it is a function from a pakcage that you did not install), you can have this problem.

The only solution that I found to avoid this problem is to rename all the functions in the folder by adding my name at the end of the function (for instance "yourfunction.m" is then renamed with "yourfunction_yourname.m").

Please, let me know if this worked!

Thanks.

Jeremy

"Øyvind " <oyvdahl@online.no> wrote in message <i6vb1u$36j$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem. Tried reinstalling matlab, but no luck.
>
> When I find a folder that works, every script works in that folder. So everytime I start Matlab I have to find a folder that works (totally random each time) and move all my scripts to that folder.
>
> I use Matlab R2010 and Windows 7. I installed Matlab on my D: drive instead of C:, I don't know if that is making Matlab confused. But I have found folders on both my C and my D drive that works.

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14