The Math Forum

Topic: Help for solving this Integrate[Sqrt[t*(1-t)* (t-z),{t,0,z} ] NEW!!!!
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 5:46 AM

Peter Breitfeld

Re: Help for solving this Integrate[Sqrt[t*(1-t)* (t-z),{t,0,z} ] NEW!!!!

Hugo wrote:

> Could any body help me to solve the following integral in
> mathematica?
>
> Integrate[sqrt[t * (1-z)*(t-z),{t,0,z}]; t and z are reals; z>0
>
> I did make a mistake posting the wrong equation yesterday, I apologize
> for that.
>
> Any help would be appreciate,
>
> Hugo

Maybe I misunderstand something, but I get

In[25]:= Integrate[Sqrt[t*(1 - z)*(t - z)], {t, 0, z},
Assumptions -> {z > 0}]

Out[25]= 1/8 \[Pi] Sqrt[-1 + z] z^2

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de