Topic: JSH: Questioning world appeal
Replies: 43   Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 1:38 AM

Joshua Cranmer

Re: JSH: Questioning world appeal

On 10/02/2010 11:59 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> On 10/02/2010 01:25 PM, JSH wrote:
>> On Oct 2, 8:53 am, Joshua Cranmer<Pidgeo...@verizon.invalid> wrote:
>>> The fact that I don't even bother collecting such data for my own work
>>> should tell you that, in fact, I would throw it away.

>> No. I think it's because you do not and cannot match well here.
>>
>> If you have the data give it so readers can compare.

> I don't have it. I don't desire to collect it, because I think it is not
> a statistic that matters. Even if it did, I am predisposed to distrust
> its accuracy as a large number of my posts would not be directly read
> from my site due to blog aggregators.
>
> Which, in retrospect, is another measure of utility: repostings of blog
> entries.

I might add, just in case you think I'm lying and hiding the results: go
check the source of the web page yourself. I don't have any code in
there that loads Google Analytics.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

Date Subject Author
10/1/10
[...]