Topic: JSH: Questioning world appeal
Replies: 43   Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 1:38 AM

Rupert

Re: JSH: Questioning world appeal

On Oct 5, 11:43 am, JSH <jst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 3:10 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Oh and replying again to apologize for being harsh but I'm trying to
> > > get through to you and posters like you that the situation has
> > > changed.

> > > But being rude isn't something I like doing--me, not the "JSH"
> > > persona--and with some of these recent postings I'm stepping outside
> > > of the JSH persona more to try and show the business side of things.

> > > So sorry for the "garbage" piece where my real point is to not think
> > > you're in one situation, when you're in another.  I've carefully built
> > > a worldwide audience in a lot of countries.  As I've continued to move
> > > on with the new situation I'm facing replies from people like yourself
> > > that are, as I like to say, in a time-warp as you play pretend and
> > > post as if nothing has changed at all!!!

> > > Just trying, for the moment, to get through to you, but this moment is
> > > ending, and I'll simply pick up the JSH persona again and return to
> > > business as usual.

> > > I have a global machine to keep running...
>
> > > James Harris
>
> > Well, you say that you don't care much about my opinion about you and
> > the feeling is mutual, really.

> > You seem to have the idea that I bear you some kind of ill-will. I
> > don't. I rather hope that you manage to find some kind of fulfilment
> > from your mathematical effort. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to
> > *me* that you would hang around here and get the kind of feedback that
> > you're getting if there are people out there that hold your work in
> > high regard. I'd be wanting to find the people who actually value my
> > work and talk to them about it. It just doesn't make sense to me. But

> Why?

You claim there are large numbers of people who find your work
valuable, right. So wouldn't it be a more rewarding experience to seek
them out and talk to them instead of talking to people who tell you
you're a troll and a crackpot? Do you have any suggestions for why
none of these people who value your work have contacted you?

> What do you think Usenet is?
>
> What do you think sci.math is?
>
> It occurs to me that you believe it to be something highly personal to
> you, which has no relationship to what it is in actuality.
>

> > obviously it makes sense to you so I suppose I must be missing
> > something.

> Well, duh.  I'm posting aren't I?
>
> It occurs to me that you may be a person who has a very distorted view
> of reality and figuring out what that is, can help me when it comes to
> distractions such as yourself.
>
> You, I suggest, have no clue what sci.math is.
>
> James Harris

Date Subject Author
10/1/10
Read JSH: Questioning world appeal
[...]