Topic: Mathematician
Replies: 28   Last Post: Oct 15, 2010 8:47 AM

Bishop, Wayne

Re: Mathematician

Apparently, I need to apologize for playing even dumber that I am. I
have been well aware of her leadership in science education, and to a
lesser extent, in mathematics education - as well as her educational
experience for such - for more than two decades. My guess is that she
did have regular calculus and calculus-based physics but that she had
no mathematics courses beyond calculus nor real science courses
beyond calculus-based physics. My supposition is generous in that I
have met mathematics education "PhDs" who had never had an honest
college calculus sequence and science education "PhD's"who had never
had calculus-based physics and probably would never have been able to
survive such.

Wayne