Topic: associating .m files with matlab
Replies: 45   Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 2:45 AM

CHEW YEONG

Re: associating .m files with matlab

"nishant " <mishra.nishant@live.com> wrote in message <i8pmcb$doc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> i have uninstalled matlab 2009a n switched to matlab 2010b but now the .m files do not open..they give the option as windows do not know the file....i've also made changes to it's path n made it open with matlab C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2010b\bin\win64 but it again launches an instance of matlab but not the file in the editor....
> I simply end up getting two or three instances of matlab but not the editor...
> i have also tried commandwindow; cwd=pwd; cd([matlabroot '\toolbox\matlab\winfun\private']); fileassoc('add','.m') ;cd(cwd); disp('Changed Windows file association. M-files are now associated with MATLAB.');
> but it throws error saying cannot modify the registry....
> i am using win7 64bit...this problem is really irksome....please help

I'm having the same problem too. Instead of popping the .m editor, it keeps opening a new Matlab without the .m editor. I say it's a bug in R2010b.

Date Subject Author
10/9/10
Read associating .m files with matlab
nishant
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ImageAnalyst
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
9/10/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zhanhong
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
1/4/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/5/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
2/21/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Ali
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
4/3/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mammar
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Chad
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/18/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
2/9/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
neiho
2/21/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Amir
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
3/16/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
5/2/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
dick mini
5/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Gordon
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
6/12/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
6/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
11/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Johannes
11/27/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Wayne
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
1/28/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Matt H
2/13/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
4/21/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zack
2/8/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mohamed Talaat Harb
3/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Salvatore
5/2/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
zemerovingian@gmail.com
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
alvinsa
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Yair Altman
8/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Paul
3/15/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Rehan Abbasi
4/17/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
kondiik@gmail.com
4/22/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
s183114