Topic: Social Promotion
Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 18, 2010 1:23 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Social Promotion

Bishop, Wayne posted Oct 9, 2010 8:31 AM (responding to Jonathan Groves' message of 11:55 PM 10/7/2010 the Groves message pasted below my signature:

> Do I really need to force myself to use (;-)) for
> something so obviously facetious?
>
> Wayne

WHOOPS! I too had responded (Oct 8, 2010 7:31 PM) to Dr Bishop's above-mentioned post at some length and entirely seriously, not realizing he meant his post facetiously. My apologies - but the message in my message still holds good for the ills of the education system, should we seriously wish to do something about them.

The problem is, when Dr Bishop is being facetious, it is somewhat like watching an elephant dancing on a dime (OK, make that a dollar coin) - and we are always worried that the elephant (i.e. Dr Bishop) may fall off the coin and sprain his ankle or, worse, be afflicted by spondylosis or something equally dire. Thus, my response to Dr Bishop's question quoted above is, 'Yes, PLEASE DO flag your facetious messages with ";-)"' - that should considerably help ease our worries about possible injuries to your good self while dancing on dimes and dollar coins".

GSC