Topic: Alg 2 /Trig
Replies: 34   Last Post: Nov 17, 2010 6:56 PM

becky rury

RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
att1.html (4.5 K)

I would have appreciated that clarification in the directions of the survey. Our group spent a great deal of time filling it out, now being told that they probably aren't interested in the type of feedback we provided. To be honest, we didn't have a lot of faith that SED would take it into consideration anyway, but felt it was important to at least try.

Rebecca Rury
Cayuga County Math Teachers Association

> From: evanromer@gmail.com
> To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
> Subject: Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:42:12 -0500
>
> Here's the answer I got from John Svendsen.
>
> Notice the last sentence, which implies that they're NOT looking for
> feedback on the specifics of the proposed AI/G/A2T, but rather want
> input on whether NYS should use the CCSS "traditional" or "integrated"
> pathway for HS courses.
>
> I asked him for further clarification of this.
>
> Evan Romer
> Susquehanna Valley HS
> Conklin NY 13748
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>

> > From: "John Svendsen" <JSVENDSE@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
> > Date: November 16, 2010 3:42:04 PM EST
> > To: "Evan Romer" <eromer@echoes.net>
> > Subject: Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
> >
> > Hi Evan-
> >
> > The red standards are those that are shared or topics included in
> > more than one of the courses. Sorry for the confusion.
> > The question is really meant for folks to weigh in on whether or not
> > NYS should go the Integrated pathway or the Traditional pathway.
> >
> > John Svendsen
> > Mathematics Associate
> > Office of Curriculum and Instruction
> > NYS Education Department
> > EB 320
> > Albany, N.Y. 12234
> > (518) 474-5922
> > (518) 486-1385 (fax)
> > jsvendse@mail.nysed.gov
> >

> On Nov 16, 2010, at 7:15AM, Kathleen Ingalls wrote:
>

> > I was told that the red indicates a standard that appears in more
> > than one course. For example, standard F.IF.1 appears in both
> > Integrated Algebra and Algebra 2 and Trig.
> >
> > On Nov 15, 2010, at 9:27 PM, Evan Romer wrote:
> >

> >> In the three "sample draft High School courses" at
> >>
> >> http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/mathfallsurvey.html
> >>
> >> some of the standards are in red. Does anyone know what the red
> >> means? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but couldn't find an
> >> explanation.
> >>
> >> Evan Romer
> >> Susquehanna Valley HS
> >> Conklin NY 13748

> >> *
> >> * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at
> >> * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumID=671
> > *
> > * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at
> > * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumID=671
> *

Date Subject Author
11/10/10
Read Alg 2 /Trig
L.C.
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Jonathan Halabi
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
Dina Kushnir
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
Peggy Niforos
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
bill wickes
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
precopio@nycap.rr.com
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
SRothwell@e1b.org
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Tom Kenyon
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
Liz Donahue
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
L.C.
11/14/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Bob Cote
11/14/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
sherry
11/14/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
SRothwell@e1b.org
11/15/10
Read Core Standards fro Grades K-8
sherry
11/15/10
Read Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Evan Romer
11/15/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
John Sittig
11/15/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Jayson Kiang
11/16/10
Read RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Ryley David
11/16/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Kathleen Ingalls
11/16/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Evan Romer
11/17/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
SRothwell@e1b.org
11/17/10
Read RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
vzampetti@ocs.cnyric.org
11/17/10
Read RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
becky rury
11/17/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Evan Romer
11/17/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
ElizWaite@aol.com
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Roni316@aol.com