The Math Forum

Topic: IIR Filters - Matlab's Filter - Speed Improvements
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 17, 2010 4:58 PM

Wayne King

Re: IIR Filters - Matlab's Filter - Speed Improvements

"Royi Avital" <RoyiREMOVEAvital@yahoo.com> wrote in message <idlapd$jb8$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Royi Avital" <RoyiREMOVEAvital@yahoo.com> wrote in message <idku68$iao$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello.
> > I'm running an intense simulation which applies an IIR Filter on a large amount of data.
> >
> > I'm using Matlab's filter function - http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/filter.html
> >
> > the problem is this procedure takes up to 60% of the running time of the Simulation.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has experience how to speed it up?
> > Any MEX file?
> >
> > I need the most simple implementation - I give the Coefficients and the Data Vector.
> >
> > Thanks.

> Anyone?
> Thanks!

Hi Royi, filter() is a built-in function. Are you saying that the call:

output = filter(B,A, data);

is eating up all your simulation time? Or are you designing your filter inside the simulation?

Wayne