The Math Forum

Topic: Including an area into a circle
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jan 19, 2011 9:43 PM

ImageAnalyst

Re: Including an area into a circle

On Dec 19, 4:01 pm, "Spulber " <remove.t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, I managed to get here with my projecthttp://picasaweb.google.com/sergiuspulber96/ShapeRecognition?authkey=.... Now, what I really did not find is a way to calculate the coordonates of a pixel surrounded by other pixels with the same colour as itself. In my case, I am interested in the gray pixels. I want to find the coordinates where I can draw circles with a radius of 5 let's say, without covering the errors, or the blobs painted with other colours than gray.
> Thanks

Simple. You get a binary image of the gray stuff. Then call bwdist()
on that. Then threshold at 5 to get a new binary image of places
where you can draw a circle of radius 5 or larger. Then you can pass
that into find() or bwlabel and regionprops to get the row,column
coordinates of those places.