Topic: associating .m files with matlab
Replies: 44   Last Post: Apr 22, 2014 11:50 AM

Jonathan

Re: associating .m files with matlab

Hi Jesse,

Here are steps that works for me: I closed matlab first, then ran ccleaner, ran Matlab as administrator (it gave me some error information when running the script stuff, I forgot the detail), restarted the operating system, then it works in the expected way. It should not be like this, but I failed a couple of times before I did the above. it's simply weird in my case. hehe

You can try the above steps and it should work.

P.S. the association with some other file extension (not m file) failed once, and I had to repeat the above process again to make it work again. It's indeed weird in my case.

Jonathan

"Jesse Sipple" <jesse.sipple'remove.this'@tufts.edu> wrote in message <ih77nj$lvd$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the ccleaner and ran the registry cleaner but it still opens a new matlab program every time I try to open an m-file. Were there any tricks you did after running ccleaner to get it to be associated with the proper program?
>
> I tried the link below with associating the file type to the matlab.exe in C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2010b\bin\win64
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f8-8880.html#f8-28791
>
> I'm running 2010b on Windows 7 64-bit. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Jesse
>
> "Jonathan Wang" wrote in message <ig0uh8$njr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> > Sorry, Ethan Leong's method works. You just need to run ccleaner and fix registry issue, and then it should work and open new m in editor only, rather to lauch another instance of matlab. It did not work in the first time, but works thereafter...
> >
> > Thanks you, Ethan Leong.
> >
> > Jonathan

> > > Thanks for the tip, but again, if we are already running matlab, how can we simply open the m file ONLY, rather than launch another instance Matlab and its editor?
> > >
> > > Jonathan

Date Subject Author
10/9/10
Read associating .m files with matlab
nishant
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ImageAnalyst
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
9/10/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zhanhong
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
1/4/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/5/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
2/21/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Ali
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
4/3/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mammar
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Chad
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/18/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
2/9/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
neiho
2/21/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Amir
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
3/16/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
5/2/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
dick mini
5/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Gordon
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
6/12/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
6/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
11/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Johannes
11/27/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Wayne
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
1/28/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Matt H
2/13/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
4/21/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zack
2/8/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mohamed Talaat Harb
3/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Salvatore
5/2/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
zemerovingian@gmail.com
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
alvinsa
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Yair Altman
3/15/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Rehan Abbasi
4/17/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
kondiik@gmail.com
4/22/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
s183114