Topic: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Replies: 37   Last Post: Sep 27, 2013 6:54 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.

Rune Allnor <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <b3aa9d92-2fe9-4788-a3c0-46ff3e6d6bca@k42g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>...

> When you return back to matlab, you enter a world where
> Java is a dominant player. As I understand it, the
> matlab user interface (where you access the workspaces etc)
> are programmed in Java, in which case the Java interpterer
> starts messing things up. And the Java interpterer, too,
> interacts with the OS. Not necessarily in exactly the same
> way that the C++ compiler does, though.

NO, Matlab uses Java engine for graphical purpose only, it does not interact with data, code, internal storing, ... so it does not mess in anyway user data as you assume. Transfer pointers and persistent variable work just fine.

Bruno

Date Subject Author
4/1/10
Read Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/7/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Anthony Halley
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Walter Roberson
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Anthony Halley
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/22/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
newuser asdf
1/22/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Bruno Luong
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Rune Allnor
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Bruno Luong
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
newuser asdf
1/24/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/15/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
7/6/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
mathias
7/6/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
5/24/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Ajay
5/25/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
10/2/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
11/7/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Francesco Montorsi
11/8/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
11/9/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/21/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/30/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
1/30/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Steven Lord
1/31/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
9/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
9/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
9/27/13