Topic: urgent question that needs a response
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 2, 2011 12:29 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: urgent question that needs a response
att1.html (7.8 K)

We offer a 1 year course for the 'regular' and 'accelerated' students.
We also offer a 1.5 year for the weaker students. We find that the 1.5
time frame is not enough for some students though a high percentage pass
the exam by the June offering. The 1.5 year course is modeled somewhat
after our old Math a, 2 year course for the weaker math students. We
are starting to think that perhaps we go one of two alternative routes:
1 All students take it in 1 year knowing that many of the
weaker kids will not be successful and have to take it over again. Or 2
Change the second half of the year from beginning Geometry topics to a
continuation of ever more advanced Algebra topics.

Both ideas have their plusses and minuses.

Neal

Taconic Hills