Topic: urgent question that needs a response
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 2, 2011 12:29 PM

Sharon

From: NYC
Registered: 6/26/05
Re: urgent question that needs a response
att1.html (3.3 K)

I would think that if you are going to require these kids to complete the course in a single year that they will require added support. Instead of five periods a week, perhaps you can give three regular periods and two double periods? How about trying adding a period which is optional and the teacher is available to go over questions and provide additional practice for those students that want it? After all - a student who doesn't care and doesn't have the skills will fail regardless of how many periods you offer. But the student who is lacking in skills but sincerely wants to try to pass will take advantage of extra practice time. IMHO

Sharon