Topic: phase portraits
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 5, 2011 5:45 AM

Sergio Miguel Terrazas Porras

Re: phase portraits

Hello J and B.

I reccomend the book Dynamical Systems with Applications using Mathematica, by Stephen Lynch,
which you can buy through Amazon or directly from Wolfram Research.

However, I can send you some Mathematica Notebooks (Version 8) that do what you want, but not at this moment, since I am kind of busy right now.

I can do that in a day or two if tou are interested.

Sergio Terrazas

De: J and B [noslowski@comcast.net]
Enviado el: jueves, 03 de febrero de 2011 03:32 a.m.
Para: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
Asunto: phase portraits

I am trying to find examples where Mathematica is used to study dynamic
equations through the use of phase portraits, including their respective
points: equilibrium, stability, attractors, bifurcations and so on.

Does any one have any work on this subject that he/she would mind sharing?
I had many courses in this field in graduate school in the early 70's, and
now I am trying to get a handle on them again. Back then I was using
Fortran. Things have changed a lot.

Thanks