Topic: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Replies: 37   Last Post: Sep 27, 2013 6:54 AM

Pierre

Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.

"Oliver Woodford" wrote in message <iierod$9kp$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Pierre" wrote:
> > I also managed to figure out how to alter properties of handle objects immediately from a mex file: Invoking mxSetProperty() on a const_cast of the concerned prhs[i] seems to work just fine.
>
> I'd love to hear why you need to do that. It sounds interesting!

Let's say I'm a little design-fanatic and always try to get the most out of languages in order to keep code and solutions elegant at a maximum... and this simply includes altering handle objects as handle objects are supposed to behave from mex code too. (There's a doubt whether the effort of searching clean solutions to similar problems would ever pay off compared to simply using the first workaround which comes to one's head, but it's a question of personal honour regarding code quality. ;) )

Date Subject Author
4/1/10
Read Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/7/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Anthony Halley
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Walter Roberson
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Anthony Halley
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/22/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
newuser asdf
1/22/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Bruno Luong
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Rune Allnor
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Bruno Luong
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
newuser asdf
1/24/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/15/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
7/6/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
mathias
7/6/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
5/24/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Ajay
5/25/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
10/2/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
11/7/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Francesco Montorsi
11/8/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
11/9/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/21/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/30/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
1/30/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Steven Lord
1/31/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
9/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
9/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
9/27/13