Topic: anybody got a complex 2-D median filter script they can share?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Matt J

Re: anybody got a complex 2-D median filter script they can share?

"Cameron " <cameron.matthews@yahoo.com> wrote in message <ikqvcs$dpd$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am in a bit of a time crunch and am looking for a script to handle 2-D complex data with a median filter. long story short I've been doing the operation wrong and getting good results with bad math. any assistance is appreciated!

median filtering relies on the ability to sort/order the input data. Since your data is complex valued, how would you define an ordering for it, on which to base calculations of the medians?