Topic: anybody got a complex 2-D median filter script they can share?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Matt J

Re: anybody got a complex 2-D median filter script they can share?

"Cameron " <cameron.matthews@yahoo.com> wrote in message <ikr234$d89$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> Thats essentially what I was doing before. I think it violates some part of signal processing to do it that way though and is just filtering out a bunch of stuff I don't want serendipitously. I am trying to preserve a phase characteristic of the complex imaginary data. there are a few papers on IEEE about the application for complex weighted median filters, but frankly I don't think I have time to digest the math and get a script written.

So your 2D image is frequency domain data? Maybe you just want to filter the amplitude response and keep the phase, e.g.,

X=medfilt2(abs(X)).*angle(X)

In any case, I doubt you're going to find anyone on here (quickly) who is familiar with the few obscure IEEE papers that you've alluded to. You'd best start describing your problem in enough detail for people to make suggestions.