The Math Forum

Topic: math notation for element-wise square root of vectors and matrices?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 15, 2011 12:20 PM

ImageAnalyst

Re: math notation for element-wise square root of vectors and matrices?

On Mar 14, 10:16?pm, "Felipe G. Nievinski" <fgnievin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Please let me know if you are you aware of any established practice. I
> don't want to end up having to type ".^(1/2)" in latex, even though
> that's exactly what my matlab code looks like.
> Thanks,
> -F.

Is this a question about latex?

Well, anyway, your MATLAB code doesn't have to look like that. It can
look like this if you want:
sqrtOfMyMatrix = sqrt(myMatrix);