Topic: NNTRAINTOOL requires Java which is not available
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 7:36 PM

Lucas García

Re: NNTRAINTOOL requires Java which is not available

"Javier Perez" wrote in message <ih4c93$jqc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Dear list,
> I'm trying to run a neural network using NN toolbox in MATLAB (R2010b in Unix systems) and I got the following error:
> "NNTRAINTOOL requires Java which is not available"
>
> The program fails in "train" command. I've disabled the feedback given by MATLAB using net.trainParam.showWindow=false
>
> The program is called like this:
> matlab -nodisplay -nodesktop -nosplash -r example.m
>
> I've tried with -nojvm option, but still the same error and Java is properly installed.
> I've googled but no answers. Any tips??
> Thanks,
> Javier

Hi Javier,

Try commenting lines 27-29 by editing nntraintool.m. I recall this is a known bug when running in parallel mode as well. Also, turn off the Java GUI manually as you have done:
net.trainParam.showWindow = false;

Hope it helps.

Lucas