Topic: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 1:24 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?

On 3/30/2011 7:11 AM, Steven_Lord wrote:

> I don't find any function named defun in MATLAB

Hi Steve, yes, I made a typo in the subject, but the command below was
clear to which command it is

> Start off with something simple. Does this example from the documentation
> also crash and if so is the log file the same?
>
> list = depfun('mesh');

Yes, it crashs on ANY file, it does not matter which m file I used, Matlab
always core dump.

It takes about 1-2 minutes while the command seems to be running, then I get
the crash.

EDU>> list = depfun('mesh');

Segmentation violation detected at Wed Mar 30 09:23:29 2011

Configuration:
MATLAB Version: 7.10.0.499 (R2010a)
MATLAB License: STUDENT
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
Window System: Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Processor ID: x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel
Virtual Machine: Java 1.6.0_12-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
Default Encoding: windows-1252

Fault Count: 1

Register State:
EAX = 00c2b770 EBX = 7a1010bd
ECX = 00000000 EDX = 00000001
ESI = 00c2be10 EDI = 00c2c9a4
EBP = 00c2c9b0 ESP = 00c2b770
EIP = 7a1010f7 FLG = 00210206

Will email you a link to the crash dump file in case you wanted
to see it.

regards,
--Nasser