Topic: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 1:24 PM

per isakson

Re: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message <imvlo1$ie6$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 3/30/2011 7:11 AM, Steven_Lord wrote:
> >

> > I don't find any function named defun in MATLAB

> Hi Steve, yes, I made a typo in the subject, but the command below was
> clear to which command it is

> > Start off with something simple. Does this example from the documentation
> > also crash and if so is the log file the same?
> >
> > list = depfun('mesh');
> >

> Yes, it crashs on ANY file, it does not matter which m file I used, Matlab
> always core dump.
>
> It takes about 1-2 minutes while the command seems to be running, then I get
> the crash.
>
> EDU>> list = depfun('mesh');

> Segmentation violation detected at Wed Mar 30 09:23:29 2011
>
> Configuration:
> MATLAB Version: 7.10.0.499 (R2010a)
> MATLAB License: STUDENT
> Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
> Window System: Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
> Processor ID: x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel
> Virtual Machine: Java 1.6.0_12-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
> Default Encoding: windows-1252
>
> Fault Count: 1
>
> Register State:
> EAX = 00c2b770 EBX = 7a1010bd
> ECX = 00000000 EDX = 00000001
> ESI = 00c2be10 EDI = 00c2c9a4
> EBP = 00c2c9b0 ESP = 00c2b770
> EIP = 7a1010f7 FLG = 00210206
>

> Will email you a link to the crash dump file in case you wanted
> to see it.
>
> regards,
> --Nasser

I seldom use depfun because it is so slow. Instead I use one of the alternatives from the FEX.

However, I tried "depfun('mesh')" and got the error shown below. (R2010b (64bit), Windows 7 (up todate) ).

The file, initclient.m, is a file that belongs to Matlab. My and your problem might have something to do with Java.

/ per

PS: Send all crash_dumps to The Mathworks according to their request. It cannot hurt.

>> list = depfun('mesh');
Warning: File: tree.m Line: 138 Column: 29

The expression on this line will generate an error when executed. The error will be: Error using ==> gt
Not enough input arguments.

> In depfun>analyze_trace_all at 489
In depfun at 312
??? The class Logger has no property or method named 'getLogger'.

Error in ==> initclient at 38
logger = Logger.getLogger('net.jini');

Error in ==> distcomp.schema at 11
initclient;

Error in ==> depfun>analyze_trace_all at 489
[arglist{:}] = newdepfun(trace_list,ndf_options{:} );

Error in ==> depfun at 312
analyze_trace_all; % calls newdepfun