Topic: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Replies: 56   Last Post: Apr 9, 2011 12:29 AM

Graham Cooper

Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!

On Apr 8, 8:28 pm, Brad <goog...@vk2qq.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 8:15 pm, camgi...@hush.com wrote:

> > > You are right. I can't, nor am I going to try. I'm simply stating how
> > > the test is designed and why. You might get lucky once in a while, we
> > > all would, but you cannot repeat the result, and there's the problem.
> > > That's why you quit before the second test EVERY TIME.

> > Wrong on all counts.
>
> > Nobody would duplicate the test I broke 200:1 objectively.
>
> > Your 250 trials is in the order of
> > 1000000000000000000000000000000000000:1
> > chance of a false positive.  Randi only wants 1000000:1

> Start here:http://paranormal.about.com/library/howto/htzener.htm
> Notice the small print: "(For our example, let's say g = 100
> guesses.)"
>
> You cannot get past Guess Number 1 !!!

You have no checks! Bruce confirmed trial 1 after he was assigned as
witness for trial 2!

Excellent link though!

What does www.frameurl.com/Peter-Bowditch- think about step 9 ?
re: GUESSING the card ?

http://paranormal.about.com/library/howto/htzener.htm

How to Test Psychic Ability with Zener Cards

Zener cards are often used to test psychic ability. There are five
different cards: a star, a square, a circle, a plus sign and three
wavy lines. A deck of 25 Zener cards consists of five of each symbol.
You might find a deck of Zener cards at a New Age store, from the
American Society for Psychical Research or you can make your own. Go
here to print out a set of cards on your printer. Once you have the
cards, you can begin testing psychic ability.

Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 5 - 15 minutes

Here's How:
Conduct the experiment:

1.Select a "subject" and a "sender." The subject will be the person
whose psychic ability is being tested. The sender is the person who is
looking at the cards to be guessed.

2.Select an "experimenter." A third person can act as the experimenter
to oversee the test and make sure it is conducted fairly and properly.

3.Decide on the number of trials you will conduct. With your deck of
25 Zener cards, the subject and sender should decide how many trials
they will conduct in the test; that is, how many times they will go
through the complete deck. The more times you go through it, the more
significant will be the results.

4.Situate the sender and subject. The sender and subject can be in the
same room although it's preferable that they cannot see one another.
Putting the subject in another room is better. This will prevent the
subject from accidentally seeing the card the sender is concentrating
on, either directly or through any kind of reflection (such as the
sender's glasses). It also prevents the sender from signaling the type
of card through any kind of unconscious or subliminal movements.

5.Eliminate distractions. The rooms should be as silent as possible.
No TV noise or music should be heard.

6.Shuffle. The experimenter should shuffle the deck thoroughly before
giving it to the sender.

7.Begin the trial. Beginning with the deck face down, the sender takes
the top card and looks at it, again being careful that the subject can
in no way see it.

8.Concentrate. The sender concentrates on the symbol on the card. The
sender must be completely silent throughout this test to avoid any
unconscious signaling.

9.Guess. The subject attempts to "guess" or psychically receive the
symbol.

10.Record the answers. For each card, the experimenter records whether
or not the guess was a hit or a miss.

11.Complete the trial. The sender continues through the complete deck
of cards, one card at a time, for as many trials as agreed upon. The
experimenter should shuffle the cards between each trial.

Answer that Peter! Why are you and all your bogus-skeptic dipsh1t
followers like George Black insisting people write paranormal claims
without using the word 'GUESS'.

WTF is that about???

Date Subject Author
4/3/11
Read AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Soporte
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Peter Bowditch
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Greendistantstar
[...]
George
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
BruceS
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Brad
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/8/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Doug Schwarz
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
the man from havana
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
George
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
A B
[...]
4/4/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/4/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
BruceS
4/4/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/4/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
BruceS
4/5/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/6/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
BruceS
4/7/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/7/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Brad
4/7/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/8/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Brad
4/8/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
camgirls@hush.com
4/8/11
[...]
4/9/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
BruceS
4/9/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/9/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
George
4/4/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
BruceS
4/3/11
Read Re: AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PRESIDENT REFUSES TO DO THIS PARANORMAL TEST!
Graham Cooper
4/3/11
Read Fraud Graham can't help himself
BruceS