Replies: 154   Last Post: Apr 19, 2011 4:25 AM

Bob Casanova

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:17:51 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Graham Cooper
<grahamcooper7@gmail.com>:

>On Apr 12, 7:58 am, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off> wrote:

>> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 02:10:08 -0700 (PDT), the following
>> appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Graham Cooper
>> <grahamcoop...@gmail.com>:

<snip>

>> >just plain stupdity!
>>
>> But not stupid enough to buy this BS.
>>

>> >"actually it was  DARKFALZ, DAVID, MONTY, DAVID   dark day mon day
>> >just after I got the message 'you can predict catastrophe'"

>> >GROUPS: aus.tv SCI.SKEPTIC
>> >SUBJECT:  DARK DAY MONDAY
>> >DATE: 12 DECEMBER 2004
>> >TOPIC: Ouija Board message
>> >FOLLOW UP POST 14 DEC - *I* can predict catastrophe

>> >2 WEEKS LATER
>> >BOXING DAY TSUNAMI HIT ON SUNDAY

>> >Any school kid can see it's a valid prediction and a hit.
>>
>> Let's see...
>>
>> No mention of the nature of the catastrophe.

[Crickets...]

>> No mention of the time of the catastrophe.

>a coming monday

Wow, what a precise time! "A coming Monday"! That's
certainly so well-defined that everyone will know what you
mean and be able to take precautions! Not.

>> No mention of the location of the catastrophe.

[Crickets...]

>> No mention of *which* Monday.

[Crickets...]

>> Yeah, that's certainly a valid prediction, all right. Not.
>>
>> Did you only have to take "Stupid 101" to post this kind of
>> crap, or was "Advanced Stupid" required?

Did you? I'd really like to know...

>OK what about when I made an encrypted prediction
>
>http://tinyurl.com/bowditch-prediction
>
>goes to >>
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/aus.tv/browse_thread/thread/5c24116273ec9b4/08008c61c86c96e5?lnk=gst&q=prediction+peter+bowditch#08008c61c86c96e5
>

>Prediction for early 2011
>|-|ercules radgray...@yahoo.com aus tv sci skeptic alt prophecies
>nostradamus
>Peter Bowditch" <myfirstn...@ratbags.com> wrote with your kookiness.
>Here is an
>image segment of the prediction. http://hercshome.com/petersays/prediction-
>bowditch.jpg True so far! Herc.
>Nov 30 2010 by |-|ercules - 7 messages - 3 authors
>

>and posted the MD5 of the image file back in October 2010
>and stated it would happen early 2011.
>

>The sneak peak of the prediction image was here:
>
>http://hercshome.com/petersays/prediction-bowditch.jpg
>
>The secret prediction image is here:
>
>http://hercshome.com/readnewz-com/prediction1HIDE.png
>
>which should match the first MD5 given in October 2010
>

>OK, so before I post how Peter 'erred then hangs on' early 2011,
>are we clear on the time frame and person and the nature of the
>prediction?

No. Your "time frame" is ridiculous, and the "nature of the
prediction" is so vague as to be meaningless. You could as
well post a "prediction" that I won't buy your claims
without evidence and then claim that your "prediction" was
accurate.
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is