Replies: 154   Last Post: Apr 19, 2011 4:25 AM

Bob Casanova

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:08:04 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Graham Cooper
<grahamcooper7@gmail.com>:

>On Apr 13, 7:40 am, Brad <goog...@vk2qq.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 13, 3:35 am, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off> wrote:
>>

>> > On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:17:51 -0700 (PDT), the following
>> > appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Graham Cooper

>> > <snip>

>> > [Crickets...]

>> > Wow, what a precise time! "A coming Monday"! That's
>> > certainly so well-defined that everyone will know what you
>> > mean and be able to take precautions! Not.

>> > [Crickets...]

>> > [Crickets...]

>> > Did you? I'd really like to know...

>> > No. Your "time frame" is ridiculous, and the "nature of the
>> > prediction" is so vague as to be meaningless. You could as
>> > well post a "prediction" that I won't buy your claims
>> > without evidence and then claim that your "prediction" was
>> > accurate.
>> > --

>> > Bob C.
>>
>> > "Evidence confirming an observation is
>> > evidence that the observation is wrong."
>> >                           - McNameless

>> I can confidently predict the following:
>>
>> SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN SOMETIME SOON.
>>
>> There. Now prove me wrong

>How many posts in sci.skeptic and/or alt.nostradamus.prophesies are
>there stating a catastrophe is imminent and a day is given, less than
>2 weeks before a 0.1 megadeath catastrophe?

Who has the time to count? Charlatans abound.

>Now you are saying because I didn't warn which people to move to
>higher ground it's not valid??

No, Graham, I'm saying that a "prediction" of a catastrophe
which doesn't include nature, place or time is meaningless.
Note Brad's example; is that a valid prediction? It's
certainly as valid as yours. In fact, it's almost a clone of
yours.

>You're a lying cheating obfuscating reneging deceitful slandering
>blasphemous copout Bob, like all skeptics!

Thanks. Your inability to make any sort of meaningful
prediction is noted again.
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is