Replies: 154   Last Post: Apr 19, 2011 4:25 AM

Graham Cooper

On Apr 15, 5:19 am, BruceS <bruce...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 12:18 pm, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:31:03 -0700 (PDT), the following
> > appeared in sci.skeptic, posted by Graham Cooper
> > <grahamcoop...@gmail.com>:

> > >You're an idiot!
>
> > >There's only 5 or 6 major catastrophes in the last decade.
>
> > Define "major".
>
> > >The Tsunami caused 100,000 deaths.
>
> > >Exacty 2 weeks before I post a prediction of a catastrophe.
>
> > >I gave the DARK DAY MONDAY which was spot on regarding the day of
> > >morning.

> > >TYPE = CHECK
>
> > No type (flood [tsumani or otherwise], earthquake, fire,
> > massive bolide impact, etc) given. "Dark Day Monday" means
> > nothing.

> > >TIME FRAME = CHECK
>
> > No time frame given.
>
> > >DAY OF WEEK = CHECK
>
> > The tsumani happened on Sunday,not Monday, IIRC. But no week
> > given. No location given. No time given. No mention of
> > nature of catastrophe.

> > >JUST BEFORE MAJOR CATASTROPHE = CHECK
>
> > Still no prediction..
>
> > >That's just ONE of the 4 MAJOR catastrophes of the last decade where I
> > >predicted them

> > If all those "predictions" were of equal value your
> > "predictions" are worthless, and so vague as to be
> > meaningless. Like this one:

> > >SPACE SHUTTLE EXPLOSION = CHECK
> > >(EXACTLY ONE YEAR AFTER MEGA POST ABOUT "PREMONITION")

> > ...and this one:
>
> > >BOXING DAY TSUNAMI = CHECK
> > >(CATASTROPHE ON THE COMING MONDAY - IT WAS THE SECOND MONDAY)

> > >CHRISTCHURCH EARTHQUAKE = CHECK
>
> > Details? Did you specifically predict an earthquake? In
> > Christchurch? On a stated date? At a stated time? If the
> > answer to these is "no" this doesn't qualify as a prediction
> > either.

> > >QUEENSLAND FLOODS = CHECK
>
> > Ditto.
>
> > >Plus other predictions  that were spot on!
> > >Peter Bowditch ERRS BUT HANGS ON for early 2011.

> > That's not a prediction; it's an observation. How about this
> > one:

> > "Graham Cooper disagrees that his predictions are
> > worthless."

> > Does that make me an oracle?
>
> > >You won't find ANYONE who has that many time stamped predictions ALL
> > >WITH HITS

> > Postdictions, and interpretations of vague statements to
> > suit them, aren't "hits".

> The day before the big quake & tsunami, I ate Quaker oatmeal for
> breakfast and gave a big wave to a friend I saw across the street.  I
> suppose now you're going to say *I* didn't make a valid prediction
> either.

I posted PREDICTION OF CATASTROPHE to SCI.SKEPTIC and
ALT.PROPHECIES.NOSTRADAMUS

and gave the day of the week.

This DENIAL that a prediction took place at all is your ADMISSION that
it was a HIT!

The discussion in the thread is obvious that people knew it was a time
stamped prediction.

Skeptics are all cheats who have never scored a single hit to anything
subjective in the last 100 years.

Date Subject Author
Graham Cooper
Alex