Topic: Undo/Redo
Replies: 12   Last Post: Feb 13, 2014 1:01 AM

Jakub Serych

Re: Undo/Redo

You are right, that undo/redo in Mathematica could be much more
complicated than in for example text editor. But undo/redo is not
the question of inversion of mathematical operations, but simply of
conservating the state of the computer before each operation and simple
returning that state back when undo/redo is needed.

Do you thing, that it is simple for example to return operation in
Photoshop, when I'm editing nearly 1GB large image (in the area of the
360 deg. panoramas, I'm playing with, it is not an unusual size)?

And Photoshop has not only perfectly working undo/redo (like many other
programs) but even very mature history tools, which can do much more
with the deep history of operations. Many of such image operations are
also pretty difficult and ireversibile mathematical algorithms.

So I realy don't understand, why undo/redo in Mathematica is so poor.

Jakub