Topic: dumb matrix question
Replies: 8   Last Post: May 12, 2011 3:14 AM

Eli Osherovich

Re: dumb matrix question

On 05/08/2011 05:29 AM, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> THanks. I'm getting rusty.. the backslash was what I was thinking about..
> no one in the matlab groups had a clue.. much obliged
>

> - = -
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
> http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

By the way, I do not know whether you prefer speed over short (and
elegant?) code, however, in the past I ran extensive speed tests for a
close problem: multiplying all matrix *columns* by a scalar. The fastest
way was to use an explicit loop.