Replies: 2   Last Post: May 13, 2011 8:12 AM

Andrew Mauer-Oats

Re: [ap-calculus] Readers (graders)

Just FYI, as part of making the process more transparent: there is no way
readers could score FRQs ahead of time. There is a pretty intense training
process, and in my opinion very well designed, in which you hear the rubric,
are shown many sample problems, score some more on your own, common weird
stuff is discussed, and then you work with a partner and more highly trained
"table leader" to firm up your understanding as you start to read.

It really couldn't be duplicated in some competitive way to decide in
advance who will be a "good" reader.

--
Andrew Mauer-Oats
Evanston Township High School