The Math Forum

Topic: Field Test Question
Replies: 36   Last Post: May 29, 2011 9:53 AM

MARYBETH ROBINETTE

June 2011 Regents exams
winmail.dat (256.1 K)

I just received a copy of a memo from the state concerning June Regents exams. I am attaching it to this e-mail. The highlighted portion concerns me... The state is saying essays and other open ended questions cannot be re-scored regardless of final exam grade. This is very troubling!

This is what I received from my Regional Information Center (Eastern Suffolk Boces):

"The State Education Department has released a memo to principals concerning concerning the format, content, and credit allotment of the Regents Examinations and the Regents Competency Tests (RCTs) to be held in June 2011.

In addition, this memo provides information about required statewide scanning procedures for Regents Exams and about a change in scoring policy.

Please see the highlighted section on page 2 of the attached copy of this memo for very important details concerning the policy about rescoring open-ended questions on Regents exams.

This memo is also available on the SED web site at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/apda/hsgen/611/563-611.pdf <https://mail.hufsd.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.p12.nysed.gov/apda/hsgen/611/563-611.pdf> "

Marybeth Robinette

From: Grace Wilkie <gwilkie@highlands.com>
Subject: Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:51 AM

Ben your response did not come through ... can you resend it Grace