Topic: Field Test Question
Replies: 36   Last Post: May 29, 2011 9:53 AM

Kathleen Ingalls

Re: June 2011 Regents exams
att1.html (6.5 K)

This is very interesting but I'm not sure it really changes the past
procedures. According to the memo:
"Beginning in June 2011, schools are no longer permitted to rescore
any of the open-ended questions on any Regents Exam after each
question has been rated the required number of times as specified in
the rating guide, regardless of the final exam score."

But the rating guide that it is linked to is the one that states:

"For the Regents Examinations in Integrated Algebra, Geometry, and
Algebra 2/Trigonometry, all
student answer papers that receive a scale score of 60 through 64
must be scored a second time. The
principal may elect to have the scoring committee also score a second
time those student answer papers
that received a scale score of 50 through 54, or all student answer
papers. For the second scoring, a
different committee of teachers may score the student?s paper or the
original committee may score the
paper. However, no teacher may score the same open-ended questions
that he or she scored in the first
rating of the paper."

So my interpretation would be that the "required number of times as
specified in the rating guide" is two for students receiving a scaled
score of 60 through 64. How do others read it? It is definitely
confusing and I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

On May 21, 2011, at 8:57 AM, MARYBETH ROBINETTE wrote:

> I just received a copy of a memo from the state concerning June
> Regents exams. I am attaching it to this e-mail. The highlighted
> portion concerns me... The state is saying essays and other open
> ended questions cannot be re-scored regardless of final exam
> grade. This is very troubling!
>
> This is what I received from my Regional Information Center
> (Eastern Suffolk Boces):
>
> "The State Education Department has released a memo to principals
> concerning concerning the format, content, and credit allotment of
> the Regents Examinations and the Regents Competency Tests (RCTs) to
> be held in June 2011.
>
> In addition, this memo provides information about required
> statewide scanning procedures for Regents Exams and about a change
> in scoring policy.
>
> Please see the highlighted section on page 2 of the attached copy
> of this memo for very important details concerning the policy about
> rescoring open-ended questions on Regents exams.
>
> This memo is also available on the SED web site at: http://
> www.p12.nysed.gov/apda/hsgen/611/563-611.pdf <https://
> mail.hufsd.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.p12.nysed.gov/
> apda/hsgen/611/563-611.pdf> "
>
> Marybeth Robinette

Date Subject Author
5/17/11
Read Field Test Question
Ryley David
5/17/11
Read Re: Field Test Question
DBrownell@wlsv.org
5/17/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Mimi Rague
5/17/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Ryley David
5/17/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
bill wickes
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Pulcini, Brittney
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
MARYBETH ROBINETTE
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Pulcini, Brittney
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Tom Kenyon
5/18/11
Read Possible non-release of regents exams
bettyjspace-1@yahoo.com
5/18/11
Read RE: Possible non-release of regents exams
Westendorf, Neal
5/18/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Sharon
gWilkie@highlands.com
5/18/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
bettyjspace-1@yahoo.com
5/18/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Tennantij@aol.com
5/18/11
Read Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Steve Watson
5/18/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Roberta M. Eisenberg
5/19/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical Perspective
Barbara M. Ewanciw
5/19/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Sharon
5/19/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A
Socio-Historical Perspective
Virginia Kuryla
5/19/11
Read RE: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical Perspective
Westendorf, Neal
5/19/11
Read RE: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Dina Kushnir
5/19/11
Read RE: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
precopio@nycap.rr.com
5/19/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Bruce Waldner
5/19/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Bhlind@aol.com
5/19/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
gWilkie@highlands.com
5/19/11
Read Jan 2012 Regents exams
Chris Crater