The Math Forum

Topic: Field Test Question
Replies: 36   Last Post: May 29, 2011 9:53 AM

precopio@nycap.rr.com

Re: rescoring regents
att1.html (2.7 K)

I don't know if anyone has been around long enough to remember when Fred Paul used to be the big wig in the math dept at the state. He used to come to my area once a year and run a workshop on how to grade the Regents ( Algebra, Geometry, Trig ) and he told us NEVER leave a 63 or a 64. Either make it a 62 or a 65.
----- Original Message -----
From: StGOLD2112@aol.com
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: June 2011 Regents exams

I don't know what link you are referring, but the site that I went to as directed by the memo does not have the rating guide for the June 2011 exams. If there is such a link, could someone please send it to me.

As for the interpretation of the memo, I think it's quite clear. We must give every student every benefit of every doubt as we're scoring, as there will be no more rescoring of the 60-64 papers. I usually erred on the side of the conservative thinking that I could always give him or her the point later, if necessary. Now that philosophy will have to change.

Steve Goldman
Half Hollow Hills HS East
Dix Hills, NY

Date Subject Author
5/17/11
Read Field Test Question
Ryley David
5/17/11
Read Re: Field Test Question
DBrownell@wlsv.org
5/17/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Mimi Rague
5/17/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Ryley David
5/17/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
bill wickes
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Pulcini, Brittney
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
MARYBETH ROBINETTE
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Pulcini, Brittney
5/18/11
Read RE: Field Test Question
Tom Kenyon
5/18/11
Read Possible non-release of regents exams
bettyjspace-1@yahoo.com
5/18/11
Read RE: Possible non-release of regents exams
Westendorf, Neal
5/18/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Sharon
gWilkie@highlands.com
5/18/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
bettyjspace-1@yahoo.com
5/18/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Tennantij@aol.com
5/18/11
Read Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Steve Watson
5/18/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Roberta M. Eisenberg
5/19/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical Perspective
Barbara M. Ewanciw
5/19/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Sharon
5/19/11
Read Re: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A
Socio-Historical Perspective
Virginia Kuryla
5/19/11
Read RE: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical Perspective
Westendorf, Neal
5/19/11
Read RE: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
Dina Kushnir
5/19/11
Read RE: Regents Examinations and the Public Domain: A Socio-Historical
Perspective
precopio@nycap.rr.com
5/19/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Bruce Waldner
5/19/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
Bhlind@aol.com
5/19/11
Read Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
gWilkie@highlands.com
5/19/11
Read Jan 2012 Regents exams
Chris Crater