Topic: What is Allowed for Regents Exams?
Replies: 64   Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 5:04 PM

Morse, Dana

RE: What is Allowed for Regents Exams?

On a fully charged TI-Nspire CX unit, with normal use, the charge will last two weeks.

This generation of students have grown up on charging things...cell phones, iPads, Nintendo DS...

If it is a student's personal unit, I would in the classes leading up to the high stakes exam inform them to charge it prior to the exam.

If it is the School Property, the TI-Nspire CX class sets come with docking stations to charge the units when not in use.

Press-to-Test has an LED light that will flash when Press-to-Test is invoked. Proctoring is much easier as now a proctor who is not calculator savvy (as I am sure that many of you have proctors from different subject areas assigned to your exams) can simply have the student hold the TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CX handheld in the air and see from the front of the room the blinking light.

I have encouraged all educators that I have presented to at conferences and those who have purchased the TI-Nspire handhelds to use Press-to-Test for all in class exams for test security. When a unit comes out of Press-to-Test, it clears what that user was doing with the unit. This means that a class set of Nspires can be used in again and again in a classroom where different classes of students are taking the same test or quiz throughout the day.

The TI-83+, TI-84+, TI-84+ Silver Edition, TI-Nspire, and TI-Nspire CX have all been approved by ACT,SAT, AP, and IB exam boards.
Our Testing Team consults with these testing agencies to determine what functionality is accepted for their particular exams.

If anyone would like a visit from their Texas Instruments Educational Technology Consultant to demonstrate and discuss the different products and services, please feel free to contact me directly.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
Upstate New York and Long Island
Educational Technology Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated
(315) 730-9858
1-800-TI-CARES

Find NYS Regents Test Prep at:
www.education.ti.com/newyork

Your Passion. Our Technology. Student Success. ?