Topic: capacitor equation solution not working
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 6:33 AM

DrMajorBob

Re: capacitor equation solution not working

Surely that is NOT your code; it has at least four misspellings and two
fatal syntax errors -- == where you need = (as in Soleq = ...) and the
comma before [[1]].

If you ran that code, you'd see error messages, not just a constant plot.

This works, however:

i[t_] := If[t < 10 || t > 60, 0, 1]
eq = v'[t] == i[t]/c;
c = 1;
soleq = v[t] /. First@NDSolve[{eq, v[0] == 0}, v[t], {t, 0, 100}];
Plot[soleq, {t, 0, 100}]

I'd also suggest THIS for the first line:

i[t_] := Boole[10 <= t <= 60]

Bobby

--
DrMajorBob@yahoo.com