Topic: algebra regents 2011
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 3:05 PM

Meg Clemens

RE: algebra regents 2011
att1.html (7.4 K)

We called State Ed and asked about this exact error (common enough that the
rubric should have directly addressed it.) Here's what they said:

-2 points for 3/18 and 12/18, conceptual error

BUT (I'm still scratching my head on this one)

-1 point for writing "3 out of 18" and "12 out of 18", in words but not in
fractions

Meg Clemens

From: mfreebern <freebernm416@strose.edu>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:10:08 EDT

Question 38...What would give (2 points or 3 points)the question if the
student got the correct sample space but wrote the two anwers of 3 and 12 as
probabilities (3/18 and 12/18)?
*

<http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/4dfbc389c325d5c21f5st05duc> 57
Year Old Mom Looks 27!