Topic: algebra regents 2011
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 3:05 PM

MathCaryl@aol.com

Re: algebra regents 2011
att1.html (3.4 K)

We went back and forth on this as well but gave it only 2
I think something like that should have been addressed in the rubric.
I was on the fence thought it could have gone either way.

-----Original Message-----
From: elizwaite@aol.com
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Sent: Fri, Jun 17, 2011 9:47 pm
Subject: Re: algebra regents 2011

Hm......sounds like a reading error to me...
if they said 3/18 doesn't that imply that the student KNEW that there were THREE outfits? The fact that they stated extra information...that is there were 3 out of 18 (3/18) doesn't mean they didn't understand the concept of how many...clearly, they did if they got a 3 in their answer.
Liz Waite

From: mfreebern <freebernm416@strose.edu>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:10:08 EDT

Question 38...What would give (2 points or 3 points)the question if the student got the correct sample space but wrote the two anwers of 3 and 12 as probabilities (3/18 and 12/18)?
*

57 Year Old Mom Looks 27!
FDXNews8.comFDXNews8.com