Topic: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Replies: 55   Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 6:01 PM

Jonathan Halabi

Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
att1.html (4.5 K)

The authority should rest in the mathematics, not a school principal. NYSED
has made a fairly serious mathematical error - that is the level at which it
should be fixed.

A quick review of a handful of calculus and analysis texts shows the
notation is commonly used as the teachers on this list assert, not as the
authors of the examination intended.

If their mathematical expertise is insufficient (this seems clearly to be
the case), they should call in those with greater knowledge to assist.

Jonathan Halabi
HS of American Studies
the Bronx

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM, <elizwaite@aol.com> wrote:

> Doesn't the school principal have the right to allow teachers to use their
> best judgement? In other words, if the teachers explain to the principal
> that question 32 is flawed and that the teachers would like to award full
> credit for various answers based on that, can't the principal give his/her
> permission?
> I'm pretty sure they can
> Liz Waite

Date Subject Author
6/20/11
Read Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jayson Kiang
6/20/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
rhoffman@wacs2.wnyric.org
6/21/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jessica
6/21/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jonathan Halabi
6/21/11
Read RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Mitchell, Doreen
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Lin Chen
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Steve Grey
precopio@nycap.rr.com
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Kathy
6/22/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Glenn Mary
6/23/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
adkmath
6/23/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jonathan Halabi
6/23/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Deanna Tullison
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
ELEANOREVO@aol.com
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Roberta M. Eisenberg
6/24/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
lvullo@ccsd-k12.org
6/24/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Ann Murray
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
ELEANOREVO@aol.com
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Ann Murray
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Roberta M. Eisenberg
6/24/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
precopio@nycap.rr.com
6/29/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Glenn Mary
6/30/11
Read a history of regents exam errors
Brent Neeley
6/30/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Nick B
6/30/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Evan Romer
6/30/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
SRothwell@e1b.org
7/1/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Nick B
6/30/11
Read RE: a history of regents exam errors
Eileen Welch
7/1/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Eileen Lane
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Menapace, Susan