Topic: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Replies: 55   Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 6:01 PM

Bonniebro@aol.com

Re: Geometry Regents

Amy Sacca <asacca@morriscs.org> wrote:

>On Question 37, the directions say: "Solve the system graphically" now, the rubric says, if no coordinates are stated, but both graphs are correct, they receive 2 out of 4. I have a student, who graphed them correctly, and circled the points of intersection, but did not state the coordinates. He clearly knows that those are the solutions, so I still give him 50% of the points?
>
>Compare to Question 35, where it says "State the coordinates of all points that satisfy both conditions", and the rubric says if they put "X's" but don't state the points they receive a 3 out of 4?
>
>Inconsistency MUCH?! Should I call the state? What would you do?
>
>This question is preventing my student from a 100%.
>
>Amy
>

>Amy Sacca
>High School Math Teacher
>Morris Central School

*

Date Subject Author
6/20/11
Read Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jayson Kiang
6/20/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
rhoffman@wacs2.wnyric.org
6/21/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jessica
6/21/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jonathan Halabi
6/21/11
Read RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Mitchell, Doreen
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Lin Chen
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Steve Grey
precopio@nycap.rr.com
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Kathy
6/22/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Glenn Mary
6/23/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
adkmath
6/23/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Jonathan Halabi
6/23/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Deanna Tullison
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
ELEANOREVO@aol.com
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Roberta M. Eisenberg
6/24/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
lvullo@ccsd-k12.org
6/24/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Ann Murray
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
ELEANOREVO@aol.com
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Ann Murray
6/24/11
Read Re: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Roberta M. Eisenberg
6/24/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
precopio@nycap.rr.com
6/29/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Glenn Mary
6/30/11
Read a history of regents exam errors
Brent Neeley
6/30/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Nick B
6/30/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Evan Romer
6/30/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
SRothwell@e1b.org
7/1/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Nick B
6/30/11
Read RE: a history of regents exam errors
Eileen Welch
7/1/11
Read Re: a history of regents exam errors
Eileen Lane
6/21/11
Read Re: RE: Algebra 2/Trig Regents
Menapace, Susan