Topic: dirac delta function is not a TRUE function??
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 11:08 PM

jim

Re: dirac delta function is not a TRUE function??

On Jul 11, 8:48 pm, MBALOVER <mbalov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> From WIKI, I learn that dirac delta function is not a true function.
> However, I do not understand the explanation in WIKI and still get
> confused, why it is not a TRUE function.
>
> Could you please help me to understand it?

Well, the answer is simple.
As "function" is defined in set theory, hust about
no maps from R->R are true functions.
So the the deltaia most often called a limit function,
rather than a trye function.