Topic: Re: News Alert: Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in Program to
Aid Minority Youth

Replies: 10   Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 4:52 PM

Sharon

From: NYC
Registered: 6/26/05
Re: News Alert: Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in Program to
Aid Minority Youth

att1.html (9.8 K)

Anybody want to try their hand at second guessing the state?

I go for geometry, alg2trig, English, biology, and earth science. Maybe American History too.

Tzippy

From: "NYTimes.com News Alert" <nytdirect@nytimes.com>

Date: August 3, 2011 9:06:17 PM EDT

To: bobbi@alumni.nd.edu

Breaking News Alert
The New York Times
Wednesday, August 3, 2011 -- 9:03 PM EDT
-----

Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in Program to Aid Minority Youth

The administration of Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, in a blunt acknowledgment that thousands of young black and Latino men are cut off from New York?s civic, educational and economic life, plans to spend nearly $130 million on far-reaching measures to improve their circumstances.

The program, the most ambitious policy push of Mr. Bloomberg?s third term, would overhaul how the government interacts with a population of about 315,000 New Yorkers who are disproportionately undereducated, incarcerated and unemployed.

To pay for the endeavor in a time of fiscal austerity, the city is relying on an unusual source: Mr. Bloomberg himself, who intends to use his personal fortune to finance about a quarter of the cost, city officials said.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/nyregion/new-york-plan-will-aim-to-lift-minority-youth.html?emc=na

About This E-Mail
You received this message because you are signed up to receive breaking news alerts from NYTimes.com.

To unsubscribe, change your e-mail address or to sign up for daily headlines or other newsletters, go to:
http://www.nytimes.com/email

NYTimes.com
620 Eighth Ave.
New York, NY 10018

Copyright 2011 The New York Times Company