Topic: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Replies: 24   Last Post: Sep 19, 2013 3:40 PM

Arda

Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <j2pefb$rrm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Arda " <ardaaksu@hotmail.com> wrote in message <j2pbhk$jvd$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > The main task here is to ensure that program waits the user to terminate it when compiled without a figure!
>
> Can you use waitfor in one of the java objects? Such as
>
> waitfor(frame, 'Visible','off')
>
> Bruno

I didnt even try the waitfor because i had assumed that it needed a valid matlab handle something like javacompenent gives. It turns out that java components are also used with waitfor. But i am not sure exactly what 'waitfor' actually waits for; because when i close the java frame it still waits :)
Then i tried something else, i changed the closing callback as follows;
frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(javax.swing.JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
Guess what, when i close the frame now it also closes Matlab :) But surprisingly it worked for standalone. Program is terminated only when i close the window. I think using with 'isdeployed' might be a solution..

Date Subject Author
10/13/10
Read Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Sanghee
10/13/10
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
ImageAnalyst
10/16/10
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Sanghee
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Bruno Luong
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Bruno Luong
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
ImageAnalyst
2/21/12
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Krishan
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Bruno Luong
8/19/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
ImageAnalyst
8/20/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/20/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
ImageAnalyst
8/20/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/20/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Bruno Luong
8/20/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/24/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Arda
8/24/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Bruno Luong
8/20/11
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Yair Altman
5/22/12
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
amit pathania
5/22/12
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Yair Altman
7/26/12
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Yair Altman
11/13/12
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
Marc
9/19/13
Read Re: Compiled Matlab GUI code starts up too slow...
elbaz samuel