The Math Forum

Topic: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Replies: 69   Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 9:58 PM

Alain Schremmer

Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash >and an alternative

On Sep 8, 2011, at 7:54 AM, Jack Rotman wrote:

> Don?t waste time and effort whining about some media sensation;
> don?t waste time and effort worrying about whether the latest fad
> will finally exterminate all vestiges of intelligence among our
> students. DO something to build a better world, starting in your
> own classrooms and departments.

I am currently developing a text on Arithmetic but it is difficult
and time-consuming to argue with one-self the pro and con of what is
to be in, how to relate it to what's already in, etc, etc, the goal
being to create the best possible thought flow / story line, how then
to implement said thought flow / story line, etc, etc and so I would
very much like to collaborate with other educators.

I would thus invite anyone potentially interested in participating in
the project to look up what there already is at <http://
www.freemathtexts.org/Standalones/RDA/Downloads.php> and then,
hopefully, to contact me.

However, please note that, as stated on <http://www.freemathtexts.org/
InPreparation.php> the stuff is entirely free, both as in "free beer"
and as in "free speech".

Hopeful regards
--schremmer

Date Subject Author
8/20/11
Read Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Domenico Rosa
9/6/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Susan
9/6/11
Read RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Petrak, Daniel G.
9/6/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Guy Brandenburg
9/6/11
Read RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Lynne Ipina
9/7/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Guy Brandenburg
9/7/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Alain Schremmer
9/12/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Domenico Rosa
9/12/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/13/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Domenico Rosa
9/6/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
R. Wright
9/6/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Alain Schremmer
9/7/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/7/11
Read RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Petrak, Daniel G.
9/7/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Revathi Narasimhan
9/7/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Kathleen Almy
9/7/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Alain Schremmer
9/8/11
Read RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash >and an
alternative
RotmanJ
9/8/11
Read RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash >and an
alternative
Norman Wildberger
[...]
9/14/11
[...]
Registrar@mathsense.org
9/15/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Domenico Rosa
9/16/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/16/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Alain Schremmer
9/17/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/19/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Alain Schremmer
9/19/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Alain Schremmer
9/15/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Guy Brandenburg
9/14/11
Read new math, new physics: Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Guy Brandenburg
9/13/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum
9/13/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Alain Schremmer
9/13/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum
9/13/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Alain Schremmer
9/13/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral > backlash
Wayne Mackey
4/6/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Mark Riggs
4/6/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral >dif-EQ
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/8/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
John Nicholson
9/9/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
John Nicholson
10/17/11
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Domenico Rosa
1/10/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
DanP
1/10/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Alain Schremmer
1/11/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
DanP
1/11/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Alain Schremmer
1/11/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
DanP
1/11/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Alain Schremmer
1/12/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
DanP
1/12/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
John Tapper
1/12/12
Read Re: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
Alain Schremmer
1/12/12
Read RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
RotmanJ
1/12/12
Read Re: RE: Khan Academy: Math instruction goes viral
DanP
1/18/12