Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 25, 2011 4:58 PM

David Petro

RE: [Fathom & TP] Fathom App?
att1.html (3.0 K)

Hi John, I kind would guess that it might have to be something like the Sketchpad app which does not really allow you to construct anything but lets you explore within premade sketches. So for Fathom, to me, that would mean using Fathom files that already have collections and objects in them and although you might not be able to make a graph or other like object, you might be able to drag attributes to change them. But I guess we would have to wait and see if something actually comes out.

David

From: jolive@uga.edu
To: davidpetro@hotmail.com
CC: jolive@uga.edu
Subject: Re: [Fathom & TP] Fathom App?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:32:06 +0000

David,

That would be neat! Perhaps the Fathom App would allow the user to pull in data bases from the web as Fathom does on a computer!

Data exploration on the iPad would then be real exciting!

John

On Sep 25, 2011, at 4:19 PM, David Petro wrote:

So there is an app for Sketchpad for the iPad. It's kinda neat. Does anyone know if there is a Fathom app that will appear in the near future? Just wondering

David Petro

Numeracy Consultant

Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board

Windsor, Ontario

Canada

Professor
John Olive

Graduate Coordinator

Department of Mathematics and Science Education

The University of Georgia

105 Aderhold Hall

Athens, GA 30602-7124

Voice: 706 542-4557, FAX: 706 542-4551

Web: HTTP://math.coe.uga.edu/olive/welcome.html