Topic: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Replies: 33   Last Post: Aug 19, 2014 8:40 AM

Prakash

Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion

Hi Eric/Simon,
I am doing something similar to Simon and would like to have the related documents for the same.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prakash

"Eric Kampe" <eric.kampe@vector-cantech.com> wrote in message <eeb65f3.2@WebX.raydaftYaTP>...
> Simon,
>

> I haven't gotten a chance to work directally with the MDF format as
> of yet, so I cannot verify your breakdown of the log file off hand.
> However, I wouldn't want you to spend all the time necessary to
> decode this file type by hand.
>

> I have a formal description of the MDF file format, and a C library
> with example code that should be what you need to get started reading
> binary log files from CANoe or CANalyzer.
>

> I'll forward these files to your email address, and they are
> available to anyone else reading this thread that may be interested.
>

> I hope this helps.
> As always, questions/comments are welcome.
>

> Eric Kampe
> Vector CANtech
> 248-449-9290
> eric.kampe@vector-cantech.com
>

> Simon Ryley wrote:

> > Eric,
> >
> > Thanks for your post. I only just found it as the newsgroup didn't
> > send me an email when someone replies to the thread.
> >
> > Unfortunately all the log files are in binary format. My analysis

> of
> > the files shows a header section, starting with "MDF", and including
> > a timestamp and date. The data section then starts with each line
> > havng a timestamp, (reading from LSB to MSB), CAN channel number, Rx
> > or Tx flag, the message ID, (again LSB first) four bytes of null
> > padding, then the data itself.
> >
> > Am I correct so far?
> >
> > Many thanks for the help,
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > Eric Kampe wrote:

> Networks.
> > MATLAB/Simulink, I
> using
> > the

> convert
> > from
> > allow

> up,
> > and

> >> Hello Simon,
> >>
> >> We don't currently have a method of converting a batch of log

> files
> >> into another format. If you want to write your own batch
> converter,
> >> it would be easiest to convert from the ASCII format. The ASCII
> >> format should be easy enough to understand using a simple text

> > editor.
> >>
> >> 0.0002 1 A Rx d 1 D8
> >> One line from an ASCII log file:
> >> Time Stamp, CAN Channel #, Message ID (in hex), Rx for received

> (Tx
> >> for transmit), 'd' for data, and finally the data in Hex.
> >>
> >> I hope this helps. Feel free to contact us at Vector if you

> need
> >> anything. I'll try and check this newsgroup when I get back
> from
> >> break.
> >>
> >> Happy Holidays,
> >>
> >> Eric Kampe
> >> Vector CANtech
> >> 248-449-9290
> >> eric.kampe@vector-cantech.com

Date Subject Author
9/26/11
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Prakash
10/19/11
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Gérald HILD
10/19/11
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Gérald HILD
11/7/11
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Jooyoung
11/29/11
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Ty Sayman
1/17/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
ASL Bravo
3/6/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Reid
4/13/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Dominik
4/18/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Cavelan
5/19/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Jiang Xin
5/25/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Deepak
5/25/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Deepak
7/5/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Seth
7/24/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Sami
10/29/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Benjamin
10/30/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Daniel
10/30/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Daniel
11/27/12
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Luc
3/13/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Yadunandan
3/19/13
Read Canalyzer log file (blf or asc) to mat file conversion
Reid
7/17/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file (blf or asc) to mat file conversion
Gareth
12/12/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file (blf or asc) to mat file conversion
Gordon Kennedy
6/11/14
Read Re: Canalyzer log file (blf or asc) to mat file conversion
Schro
7/6/14
Read Re: Canalyzer log file (blf or asc) to mat file conversion
maximilian1.meissner@gmail.com
8/19/14
Read Re: Canalyzer log file (blf or asc) to mat file conversion
sgakeen@gmail.com
3/19/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Reid
6/18/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Niklas
6/28/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Davide
10/22/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Bennett
12/12/13
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
Gordon Kennedy
2/22/14
Read Re: Canalyzer log file to mat file conversion
pietro