Topic: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Replies: 26   Last Post: Oct 7, 2011 12:19 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)

Scott Gray posted Sep 28, 2011 3:42 AM:
> > Kirby Urner Posted: Sep 26, 2011 5:02 PM
> >
> > Jerry Uhl was one such person, and my respect for
> > for him is boundless. But, did he change the

<SNIP>

> My team and I are doing something about this. This
> January we are launching "Making Math" which takes
> the materials produced by Jerry Uhl and company and
> repackages them into a distributed online system that
> includes a high fidelity online version of
> mathematica, web based learning management tools,
> mathematica enabled forums, and gives instructors the
> ability to edit and add content.
>
> Now suddenly with the friction points gone and added
> features the materials that Jerry Uhl produced will
> be readily adoptable by anyone with a web browser.
>
> Keep an eye on this one!
>
> Scott

Best wishes for your 'Making Math' initiative - I'd like to learn more about it (and about Jerry Uhl and his work).

You may like to check out the website at "Elucido" (www.elucido.com), a Bangalore-based company that has developed some very useful applications - their core product being "a very versatile software platform that can manage and provision digital content in any format, from any source to any device in real time".

Not to worry about the negative comments you may receive regarding "Making Math" (one of which, from Wayne Bishop I believe, is already on line): there are a sizable number of people here who have their minds hermetically sealed against the ingress of new ideas that may be different from whatever they have been accustomed to in their past.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
9/20/11
Read Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
9/22/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Martisa Vignali
9/23/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
9/22/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Robert Hansen
9/23/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Dave L. Renfro
9/26/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
9/26/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Haim
9/27/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
9/26/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Dave L. Renfro
9/26/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Haim
9/26/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
9/26/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Robert Hansen
9/27/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Scott Gray
9/27/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Bishop, Wayne
9/27/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Haim
9/29/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
GS Chandy
9/29/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
GS Chandy
9/29/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
9/29/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
GS Chandy
9/30/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
GS Chandy
9/30/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Robert Hansen
9/30/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Robert Hansen
9/30/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
kirby urner
10/7/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
GS Chandy
10/1/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
GS Chandy
10/1/11
Read Re: Continuing Education for Math Teachers (gnu math)
Robert Hansen
10/2/11