Topic: Fwd: question for next week SED
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 29, 2011 6:24 PM

Tennantij@aol.com

Fwd: question for next week SED
att1.html (5.9 K)

I everyone,
Thought I would forward this on--it pertains to 3-8 testing and it does clarify that the PreMay PI's from 2005 standards are being tested on the April, 2012 state assessments.
I was asking about the following year and if they were going to tell us which standards (CCLS) would be pre and post test as I figured they must have given that information to Pearson who has the contract. Bottom line--SED has not released this information. See below.
Iva Jean Tennant

-----Original Message-----
From: NYSED EMSCASSESSINFO <EMSCASSESSINFO@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
To: Iva Jean Tennant <tennantij@aol.com>; John Svendsen <JSVENDSE@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Sent: Thu, Sep 29, 2011 8:37 am
Subject: Re: question for next week

Good Morning, iva Jean,

The Department has not yet released any information concerning the standards that will be tested for the 2012-13 school year. The Department will notify the filed via a posting on our web site at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/apda/ once this information becomes available.

Sincerely,

Eileen Becker

Office of State Assessment, Communications>>> Iva Jean Tennant <tennantij@aol.com> 9/28/2011 6:33 PM >>>

Greetings Eileen,
I know that and am fully aware of that fact for this upcoming year's assessment. I am talking about writing our curriculum for the next school year, 2012-2013. I want to know about the 2013 assessment. Are we going to have pre and post test standards? If so, when will we get them? I know that Pearson is contracted to do that assessment and am assuming they have been told which standards are tested. Since this year's test was pushed up, I assume we are not going to be assessed in June, so which standards are being assessed in 2013 test which I assume is going to be sometime in the spring.
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this. There are many people waiting to hear the response.
Iva Jean Tennant
President-Elect of Association of Mathematics Teachers of New York State